Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Quit!!!

Smoking that is. I've been smoke free for 8 days and counting. I quit Dec. 13, 2009 at 7:30pm. It's hard. I haven't really had much withdrawal. But the habit is harder cause I was always smoking. When I was upset, happy, drinking. After I ate. The only salvaging fact is I only smoked in the car. I rarely smoked at home. So that makes things easier on me than the average smoker. I have the issues a person who smokes a cigarette a month or smokes for a week or two then quits for a year. Or a holiday drunk. Since you don't do it daily or heavily, you don't really feel that desperate to quit. If I wasn't trying to have a baby I'd probably never quit!! Basically it's ALL for the baby!! I'm not proud of it, but it's true.

Yesterday was the Solstice. I took a walk in the woods got in touch with nature. It wasn't intentional at all. DH was looking at a piece of property and wanted me to come along. I objected. I mean- it's the WOODS! Soft wet DEAD leaves. I hate stepping on wet ANYTHING. Well apparently it was time for this Christian/Wicca/Buddhist/Spiritualist to touch some nature. As we walked, through the annoyance I felt, I started to get more comfortable. And the woods felt... Peaceful. I believe if I'd been alone I could have got some real meditation done. :) Well when we left, I felt better. I kinda wanted to go back. I'm still not nature girl, but it wasn't so bad. I liked it. And at the time... I'd forgotten it was the Solstice. :) Just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Isn't that usually the way? The Universe puts you where you need to be. :)

Well, that's it. For now anyway. More as it unfolds. :)


Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment