Saturday, September 13, 2014

Starting Your Day On a Positive Note.



* This was written last Saturday, but didn't upload properly. *


  This morning I woke up. This was a good thing. So every morning you wake up, give thanks and feel blessed that today is a chance to begin anew. _/|\_

  That being said, today I want to rambling about how we start our day and the role others play in that. 

  This morning AFTER I woke up, obviously I wasn't ecstatic anyway.. It is a work day, which is where I am as I write this. I felt blessed to be alive but, not extremely excited to be waking up at 3am. But, I'm thankful to have income and to be alive and fairly able bodied to earn that income. So, I pushed on. 

  Well today, DH was apparently craving news of what's going on in the world today. Something to do I guess. But every story was a bout murder!! And of course due to sheer proximity, guess who he felt the need to pass on this news to? Yep, I had won the crap lotto! 

  Tales of murders at a celebration, a mother killing her daughter for her trust fund- her INFANT daughter! Then there was a lighter side, some guy from TV depleting the ginseng supply on some mountain and making a fortune off of it. (In other words: greed.) Needless to say my mood and happiness quickly began to slide downhill. Eventually I just told him, no one wants to start their day with bad news. I assume he got the point. Unable to find any good news, he left that topic alone. 

  The point of this is you sometimes have to tell people to just ease up on the sharing! Of course you need to know what is going on - with your family and the world.. But not 24/7. The start of your day is the most important part of your day. It sets your mood for the day. Start bad or depressed or worried and you will have a hard time coming up out of that funk. You don't have to live in a hole, just time your worldly news properly. :) It's not always possible, but when it is (say your husband reading morbid headlines) don't hesitate to say "not yet.." :)

Namaste. Blessings and peace be with you. _/|\_

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment